The rice with black beans It is a classic of Mexican gastronomy. Although it can be considered as a single dish, it is usually used as an accompaniment to different types of meat.
In Guiainfantil.com We teach you how to prepare, step by step, a delicious rice with black beans. This recipe is designed especially for your children, since at containing rice and legumes will provide children with many nutrients.
- 200 gr of rice
- 250 ml chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- Half a tablespoon of ground cumin
- Extra virgin olive oil
1. Chop the onion and garlic and add them to a bowl with the chicken or vegetable broth.
2. Cook the beans over medium-low heat in a separate pot.
3. Brown the rice in a saucepan with a little oil. Add the broth mixture with the onion, garlic and the cooking liquid from the beans. Cover the pan and simmer for 10-15 minutes. You can add the beans before the broth is consumed.
4. With the help of a tanner, fluff the rice, cover it again and let it rest for five minutes.
5. Serve before it cools down to enjoy one of the delicacies of Mexican food.
Guiainfantil's trick. You can garnish the rice with a little spring onion and accompany the dishes with delicious nachos with guacamole.
You can read more articles similar to Rice with black beans. Mexican food for kids, in the category of Mexican Recipes on site.